M.Sc. 2012, Electrical Engineering, Sahand University of Technology, Tabriz, Iran.
B.Sc. 2010, Electrical Engineering, University of Tehran, Iran.
Farzad Ferdowsi received his B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering from University of Tehran, Iran in 2010 and his M.Sc. in Power Engineering from Sahand University of Technology, Tabriz, Iran in 2012. He is currently a PhD candidate in Electrical and Computer Engineering at FAMU-FSU College of Engineering and a research assistant at the Florida State University - Center for Advanced Power Systems.
His research interests include modeling, simulation and control of power systems integrated with renewable energy resources, power system optimization, real-time complexity/stability assessment in power electronic based components.
FREEDM system center, Raleigh, NC
IEEE, student member
National Scientific Student's Organization of Electrical Engineering, (NSSOEE), Iran, Jul. 2011 - present
Iranian Solar Energy Scientific Society, (IRSES), Iran, Sep. 2011 - present
Vice president for the Iranian association - FSU
- Ferdowsi, F.; Edington, C., El-Mezyani T "Real-Time Stability Assessment Utilizing Non-Linear Time Series Analysis," 2015 North American Power Symposium Conference, 4-6 Oct 2015, Charlotte, NC.
- Ferdowsi, F.; El-Mezyani T.; Edrington, C., "Small Signal Stability Assessment in Power Electronic-Based Components," 2015 FREEDM Systems Center Industry Annual Review and Conference, 28-29 May 2015, Raleigh, NC.
- Ferdowsi, F.; Yazdankhah, A.S.; Rohani, H., "A combinative method to control output power fluctuations of large grid-connected photovoltaic systems," Environment and Electrical Engineering (EEEIC), 2014 14th International Conference on , vol., no., pp.260,264, 10-12 May 2014.
- F. Ferdowsi, A. Sadeghi Yazdankhah, B. Abbasi. "Declining Power Fluctuation Velocity in Large PV Systems by Optimal Battery Selection", 11th International IEEE Conference on Environment and Electrical Engineering, EEEIC2012, Rome, Italy, May 18-25, 2012.
- S.M Sajjadi, A.Sadeghi Yazdankhah, F. Ferdowsi. "A new gumption approach for economic dispatch problem with valve-point and losses effect based on valve-point active power" Elsevier, International journal of Electric Power Systems Research (EPSR), 2012.
- S.M Sajjadi, A. Sadeghi Yazdankhah, F. Ferdowsi. "Solving the Economic Dispatch Problem with Considering Valve-point and Losses Effect Using a New Practical Method", 20th Iranian Conference on Electrical Engineering, ICEE2012, Tehran, Iran (in Persian), May 15-17, 2012.
- S.M Modares, F. Ferdowsi, and S.M Sajjadi "Simulation of Five-Level Grid-Connected Inverter for Photovoltaic Applications with two-wave modulation method based", 2th Iranian Conference on Renewable Energy and Distributed Generation, ICREDG2012, Tehran, Iran, (in Persian), March 7-9, 2012.
- F. Ferdowsi, A.Sadeghi Yazdankhah, and S.M. Modares, "Investigation of Stable Operation Criteria of Grid-Connected Photovoltaic System under Unbalanced Conditions", 26th International Power System Conference, PSC2011 Tehran, Iran, (in Persian), Oct. 31- Nov. 2, 2011.
- F. Ferdowsi, A. Sadeghi Yazdankhah, S.M Modares. "A Suitable Method for Practical Utilization of the Electricity of Turbo-expander System in Thermal Power Plants", 4th Conference on Electric Power Generation, EPGC2012, Tehran, Iran, (in Persian), Feb. 14-15, 2012.
- F. Ferdowsi, S.M Modares, and S.M Sajjadi "Comparison of Single Phase Grid-Connected Inverter Topologies for Photovoltaic Applications", International Conference on Emerging Trends in Energy Conservation, ETEC2011, Tehran, Iran, (in Persian) Nov. 20-23, 2011.
- F. Ferdowsi, M. R. Azizian, S.M. Modares, "Investigation of Power Quality of Electricity Generated by Turbo-Expander in Thermal Power Plants", 14th Iranian Student Conference on Electrical Engineering, Iran- Kermanshah, (in Persian), Sep. 6-8, 2011.